Items in the Living section of The Jonesboro Sun are published as a service to the Northeast Arkansas community. Generally, information for stories which appear on these pages must be received no later than 30 days after the event.
Engagements and weddings
1. Stories announcing engagements and weddings will be published at no charge. A processing fee of $30.00 will be charged for a photo.
2. The deadline for Sunday publication - engagement and wedding announcements - is Tuesday at 5 p.m. During times of heavy volume, we will use as many as space allows, first-come, first-served. Others will be published on weekday Community pages.
3. One picture may be used with both the engagement and wedding announcement. Couple pictures can be used for either.
For an engagement announcement, if the photo is of the couple, we will use a 2-column with cutlines only; no story. If the photo is of the bride-to-be only, it will be 1-column, and an accompanying story may be used. Wedding photos will generally be used 2 columns, whether of the bride only or the couple. However, a 'head shot' of the bride only may be used 1 column.
4. All information and the photo for a wedding announcement must be received within 30 days of the wedding date.
5. Engagement announcements may be published on any day of the week.
6. Forms are available by mail, e-mail, fax, online or in the office.
7. Included in the engagement article will be the names of the bride-to-be and her fiance, their parents and grandparents, schooling, employment and wedding date, time and place. Also include if everyone is invited or if by invitation.
8. The wedding article will include full names of the bride and bridegroom, their parents, wedding date, time and place, who performs the ceremony, musicians, attendants for bride and bridegroom (maid or matron of honor, bridesmaids, best man, groomsmen and ushers), dress material, color and length of bride's attendants attire and their bouquets, wedding dress, bridal veil and bouquet descriptions, wedding reception place, who hosts, attendant for bride book, servers, wedding trip location and city where the couple will reside.
7. All submissions are subject to editing for content, style and grammar.
8. If the couple does not live locally, there should be some local tie of significance.
9. Only information on the wedding form will be used. If the couple did not have an engagement announcement printed, the information from the engagement form will be incorporated with the wedding story.
10. We have the right to reject a photo because of quality, style or poor taste.