JONESBORO — Human remains found during a search in the Valley View area are indeed Lisa Mans Prescott, a Hoxie native reported missing two years ago.

The Jonesboro Police Department announced Tuesday that the Arkansas State Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed Prescott’s identity. The remains were sent to the state crime lab in Little Rock after a crew of local volunteers found them earlier this month in a wooded area in southeast Jonesboro.

“She was identified through dental records,” the online announcement read.

JPD “received the official documentation on the preliminary findings” Tuesday afternoon, public information specialist Sally Smith said Wednesday. Smith said the department notified Prescott’s loved ones before it made the Facebook announcement.

Prescott, 55, went missing from her Griffin Park residence in August 2018, leaving her purse, keys, cellphone and dog behind. Detective Joe Robinson requested the assistance of EquuSearch Midwest, a volunteer-driven search and recovery group, within a month of Prescott’s disappearance, Smith said.

Previous reporting indicates that her family organized a search in September 2018, which started at her home in the 4500 block of Shale Cove. The Oct. 10 search for Prescott was EquuSearch’s “first opportunity to come to our area to search for Lisa,” Smith said.

According to a Facebook post, local volunteers were recruited by the group to help find Prescott near Valley View Church of Christ.

“This group is made up of volunteers who have experience in searching for missing people,” Smith said. “When they arrived, investigators met with the group to go over possible locations to search. We were fortunate to have them aid in the search and able to find Ms. Prescott.”

Volunteers, along with two JPD detectives and Craighead County Coroner Toby Emerson, participated in the search that was held from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Local volunteers found the unidentified remains around 11 a.m., Smith previously told The Sun.

Prescott’s official cause of death is undetermined, JPD announced Tuesday. Smith said the probe into her disappearance is ongoing.