JONESBORO — Arkansas State can’t slip again and avoid a losing season.
Friday night’s second round seems a little early for Hoxie and Newport to meet in the Class 3A state football playoffs as far as the respective coaches are concerned.
FAYETTEVILLE (AP) — Connor Vanover scored 23 points to lead eight Arkansas players in double figures and the Razorbacks beat Mississippi Valley State 142-62 on Wednesday in the season opener for both teams.
JONESBORO — The Sun Belt Conference announced its 2020 volleyball postseason honors Tuesday, featuring a pair of All-Sun Belt honorees from Arkansas State.
JONESBORO — The Arkansas State Athletics Department announced Tuesday that due to COVID-19 testing and taking extra precautions to provide a safe travel environment, its volleyball team will not participate in this week’s Sun Belt Conference Tournament.
JONESBORO — Whether Marcel Murray is ready to be part of Arkansas State’s backfield rotation this week remains to be decided, but head coach Blake Anderson and offensive coordinator Keith Heckendorf said they saw good signs from the junior running back when the Red Wolves practiced Sunday.
MAUMELLE — A fourth-down touchdown pass gave Maumelle the lead in the third quarter and the Hornets added an insurance touchdown in the fourth to defeat Nettleton 19-7 in the Class 5A state football playoffs Friday night.
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Kyle Trask has gone from Heisman hopeful to potential Heisman Trophy front-runner in two months, much of it coming in the last two weeks.
JONESBORO — Nettleton head coach Steven Hampton knows his team drew a difficult assignment in the play-in round of the Class 5A state playoffs. He’s just glad the Raiders have the opportunity to take the field.
JONESBORO — Four Jonesboro High School senior baseball players put college commitments in writing Wednesday at Don Riggs Hurricane Gym as the early signing period commenced.
JONESBORO — With the 2020-21 season two weeks away, the Sun Belt Conference announced its preseason all-conference men’s basketball team Wednesday, which included Arkansas State guards Marquis Eaton and Caleb Fields.
- Jonesboro government going virtual
- Quarantine orders differ in Craighead, Mississippi counties
- A-State's Anderson looking for complete game
- Holiday trends to watch: Adult Play-Doh; stores that ship
- Empty seats, delivered feasts as virus changes Thanksgiving
- ASU-Coppin State game canceled
- Hoxie, Newport collide in second round
- A-State's Daniel hopes record reflects growth
- 2 accused of child rape
- Man critically injured in fight
- Blazers' Delancy signs with LIU
- New nursing grads to be rushed to work
- Chief: 2 JPD officers quarantining
- New virus therapy available for at-risk patients
- Community members to receive Blessing Boxes
- Greene outpaces Craighead in new virus cases
- Judge's error not enough to overturn murder conviction, justices rule
- Weed lands trio in jail
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.