The Board of Trustees at Williams Baptist University approved the school’s budget for the 2021-22 fiscal year Friday, April 9. The board, meeting in regular session on the WBU campus, also gave its approval to the 2021 graduating class, voted to add new members to the university’s Foundation…
Junior Auxiliary members (from left) Angie Abbott, Sherri Thomas and Blythe Sloan shop for shoes for students in Lawrence County’s four school districts. Purchasing shoes for school children is just one of the organization’s projects to help children and families in the county.
Mike King with Blaine Davis Computing installs a security camera at Stewart Park in Walnut Ridge. Work is underway on several projects at the park, including replacing the beams in the large pavilion. Other projects planned include improvements to the swimming pool area and a new sign.
Heidi Thomas (foreground), an art student at Williams Baptist University, and WBU Art Professor Sandy Baltz work on a mural at the Lawrence County Housing Agency office in Walnut Ridge. Baltz said her art class is working on the mural on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and she and Thomas were puttin…
Volunteer Firefighter Anthony Farmer steps off the Walnut Ridge Fire Department’s recently-purchased 2005 Spartan Crimson Gladiator 75” Quint ladder truck, which comes equipped with a 350-gallon water tank and a 1500-gallon-per-minute pump. The Walnut Ridge City Council approved purchasing t…
The Lawrence County School District has five teachers who are earning an English as a Second Language endorsement on their teacher licensure issued by the Arkansas Department of Education.
Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson announced Monday that the state will now make COVID-19 vaccinations available to all those eligible in the Phase 1-B category of recipients.
The day before his last executive order declaring a public health emergency was to expire, Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson essentially lifted most of the state’s COVID-19 safety restrictions.
The winter storm that Arkansas residents experienced last week was unlike anything that the state has seen in a long time. The temperatures that were blanketing the area were not only cold, but sustaining.
Walnut Ridge’s Bailey Augustine (right) and Hoxie’s Ellery Gillham jump for the tipoff during the championship game of the 3A-3 District Tournament at Mustang Gymansium on Saturday as Lady Mustang Jaecie Brown (#13) looks on. The Lady Mustangs came out on top, 62-42, to claim the district ti…
The Walnut Ridge City Council heard an update from Mayor Charles Snapp on how the city had fared through the past several days’ winter weather at its meeting on Monday night.
- Arkansas governor plans special session on income tax cuts
- Darlene Black
- Prince fans pay respects at Paisley Park 5 years after death
- High court moves away from leniency for minors who murder
- Citizens Bank announces Adam Mitchell as new CEO
- ASU-Newport to host 3 outdoor commencement ceremonies for Spring 2021
- Parade to return with Fulton County Homecoming Festival
- US jobless claims fall to 547,000, another pandemic low
- JPD: SWAT standoff lasts 6 hours
- Suddenlink customers seek state Supreme Court answers
- City plans stricter speed enforcement
- Former murder suspect arrested after chase
- Police: Woman breaks in home, destroys PS5
- Victim: Gun drawn during robbery
- Medical marijuana store coming to Jonesboro
- Car theft investigation continues
- 2 women jailed on arson charges
- Buhrmester 'knew everyone'
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.