Pictures of the Past

Pictures of the Past

The Union Exchange Cooperative was organized in 1933 headquartered at Lynn with Louis B. Walker as president and many leading citizens of the Lynn and Strawberry area as shareholders. This photo from 1940 shows the interior of the Union Exchange Store with Marie Brannon and C.C. Huskey as sales clerks. Miss Brannon later married Gus Turnbow. The store was located at the northwest corner of Arkansas Highway 25 and Lawrence County Road 279. The property was sold to Paul and Jewell Howard in 1945, and later Winter’s Store and Farm Service, Inc. were located there. Presently, storage buildings occupy this location. (Pictures of the Past is a cooperative effort of The Times Dispatch and the Lawrence County Historical Society. Readers are encouraged to submit historic photos.)

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.