Pictures of the Past

Pictures of the Past

With the bygone water tank peering over the 200 block of West Main Street in Walnut Ridge, this photo from the late 1940s captures the businesses of Buck Floyd’s Barber Shop, Nation-Wide Service Grocer and Sexton’s Drug Store. Sexton’s moved across the street in 1949. These buildings are now occupied by Main Street Pizza and Mabry Smokehouse. (The TD encourages readers to submit Pictures of the Past. Submissions can be emailed to editor@thetd.com)

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.