Pictures of the Past

Pictures of the Past

This photo of Northwest Front Street in Walnut Ridge is believed to have been taken about 1921. The building on the corner burned earlier this year, as did the building located adjacent to it on West Walnut Street, which housed the Lawrence County Public Housing Agency. The agency recently reopened at its new location at 118 East Main Street, formerly Snapp Motor Company and Cavenaugh Dodge’s sales office. (Pictures of the Past is a cooperative effort of The Times Dispatch and the Lawrence County Historical Society. Readers are encouraged to submit historic photos.)

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.