Top-seeded Hoxie and second-seeded Walnut Ridge squared off in the finals of the 3A-3 Senior Girls District Tournament Saturday night at Mustang Gym in Hoxie.
Thanks to the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission’s recently expanded Waterfowl Rice Incentive Conservation Enhancement program, hunters in Lawrence County have more than 500 additional acres of property to enjoy during the end of waterfowl season and beyond.
ShunDerrick Powell rushed for 346 yards and three touchdowns and the Hoxie Mustangs pulled away in the fourth quarter for a 48-28 win over the Newport Greyhounds in the second round of the 3A state football playoffs Friday night at Crider Field.
Hoxie quarterback Daylon Powell ran for four touchdowns and passed for two, all in the first half, as the Mustangs built a 48-14 lead before the intermission and cruised to a 55-29 win over the Lakeside Beavers in the 3A state football playoffs Friday night at Crider Field.
Hoxie quarterback Daylon Powell has been accustomed to putting up big rushing numbers this season. Friday night, however, he showed off his arm, passing for 353 yards and five touchdowns in the Mustangs’ 48-19 win at Walnut Ridge. The victory capped an undefeated regular season for the Musta…
The Hoxie junior high football team completed an undefeated season with Thursday’s win over Walnut Ridge. The junior Mustangs end with 7-0 overall record and are 3A-3 Conference champions with a 4-0 league mark. It is the first conference title for the junior Mustangs since 2011.
Daylon Powell rushed for 224 yards and four touchdowns as the Hoxie Mustangs ran over the Osceola Seminoles for a 55-21 win in a matchup of teams who were undefeated in 3A-3 conference play. The victory clinched the conference championship for the Mustangs and earned them the league’s top se…
Hoxie’s undefeated season came to an end in the semifinals of the 3A State Volleyball Tournament last week in Little Rock. The Lady Mustangs fell to Paris in three sets, 17-25, 18-25, 23-25 on Thursday.
- DeJong hits 2 of Cardinals' 5 HRs in 12-5 win at Nationals
- NASA's Mars helicopter takes flight, 1st for another planet
- Casino project among largest on Vegas Strip sets opening day
- Luke Bryan wins top ACM Award, but female acts own the night
- 'Ghostwriters' in short supply at A-State
- Area softball roundup
- Area baseball roundup
- Area soccer roundup
- Districts work to pay required teacher salaries
- Holliday bankruptcy sale produces $782,333.75
- Arkansas House sends governor stripped-down hate crimes bill
- JPD: SWAT standoff lasts 6 hours
- Buffalo Island Central eyes four-day school week
- 2 women jailed on arson charges
- 3 hospitalized, drugs seized in crash
- Former murder suspect arrested after chase
- COVID hits home, 911 director says
- Attorney: Suspect's search, interrogation unlawful
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.