Walnut Ridge dominated the third quarter against Harrisburg and coasted to an easy 63-41 win over the Hornets on Jan. 11 at Walnut Ridge’s Terry Belcher Gymnasium. The win kept the Bobcats perfect in 3A-3 conference play with a 7-0 record and improved their overall mark to 12-1.
The eighth-seeded Walnut Ridge Bobcats battled Blytheville to the wire before falling to the second-seeded Chickasaws 61-57 in the quarterfinals of the NEA Invitational Basketball Tournament on Thursday in Jonesboro.
The 62nd annual Williams Baptist University High School Basketball Tournament concluded with a pair of barnburners in Saturday’s championship games. Walnut Ridge claimed the boys title by edging Sloan-Hendrix 53-52, while Marmaduke defeated Tuckerman 55-53 in the girls final.
Several members of the Hoxie senior high volleyball team have been honored for their play during the 2021 season. Ellery Gillham, Kailey Moody, Cara Forrester and Chloe Prater were named to the 3A-Northeast All-Conference team, while Bailey Prater received Honorable Mention recognition.
Hoxie’s Seth Brooks accounted for six touchdowns in the Mustangs’ 49-6 rout of Manila in 3A-3 Conference football action Friday night at Manila. The senior running back ran for four touchdowns and was on the receiving end of two scoring passes from quarterback Cade Forrester, all in the first half.
The Hoxie Lady Mustangs volleyball team claimed both the conference and district titles before advancing to the state tournament, which they were scheduled to play a first-round game in on Tuesday. Team members include (from left): Bella Brady, Chloe Prater, Cara Forrester, Ellery Gillham, M…
Hoxie’s Mustang Gym was the site of the 3A-Northeast District Volleyball Tournament last week. The host Lady Mustangs defeated Cave City in the finals on Thursday to go along with their undefeated regular-season title. Hoxie advanced to the 3A State Tournament in Paris, where they were sched…
The Hoxie Lady Mustangs rallied from a two-set deficit to defeat Cave City 3-2 in the volleyball regular season finale on Oct. 12 at Cave City. The Lady Mustangs completed an undefeated season in 3A-Northeast Conference play with a 14-0 record and are 20-1 overall.
- ‘Tiger King’ Joe Exotic resentenced to 21 years in prison
- Stocks end a turbulent week with biggest gains of the year
- After huge pandemic losses, governments see rapid rebound
- Lady Greyhounds earn 30th win, 2A-3 crown
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine
- Arkansas panel OKs agencies enforcing vaccine requirement
- Here, kitty: Bidens welcome cat named Willow to White House
- Pope denounces fake news about COVID, vaccines, urges truth
- Woman convicted of killing infant in dryer
- Blazers earn season sweep of Bearcats
- Ex-teacher gets 5 months' probation in child porn case
- Victim identified in FBI shooting
- Ex-owner of local nursing homes arrested
- Movie filmed in Trumann set for release in February
- Man charged with child porn, gets $250,000 bond
- Police: Man broke into jail
- FBI shoots, kills individual during action in Jonesboro
- State awards $400,00 to airport
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.